Faculty Development Programme
on Cyber Security for Schools

On 30th August, 2019
at Raman Auditorium, Alagappa College of Technology (ACT), Anna University, Guindy, Chennai

About

About

Educational Institutions report astounding rates of security breaches and cyber attacks, with millions of hacking attempts into information systems. Educational Institutions are vulnerable to losing valuable intellectual property such as patents awarded to faculty and students, as well as personal information of students and faculty/staff. Because of the frequency of cyber attacks on institutions of learning, the need for increased cyber awareness has never been greater.

There are various threats to children in cyber space, including cyber bullying , sexual grooming, sexual harassment and child pornography. Most children are unaware of these problems and realize that they have been victimized by a cybercriminal only when the damage has been done. On the other hand, parents and teachers either have inadequate information about need and the means through which they can safeguard their children on the internet or may have little time or resources or training to ensure they adopt steps to safeguard their children on the internet.

The Global Youth On-Line Behavior Survey conducted by Microsoft declares that 53% of the children between age 8-17 in India have become victims of cyber bullying. Most cyber bullying cases were arising out of social media and encounters on Facebook comprised of 60% of these cases. Mobile phones and on-line chat rooms were second and third comprised of the remaining 40% cases. Moreover, many social network sites do not use or deploy age verification mechanism as a result of which children create fake profiles and are able to access adult content.

Faculty, Students & everyone in the education sector need to know about the real-life problems of identity theft and cyber attacks that can devastate a Institution's infrastructure and its personnel's livelihood.

Towards this end, National Cyber Safety & Security Standards is carrying out extensive Awareness, Training and Research programs by conducting "Faculty Development Programme on Cyber Security for Schools" as part of "National Cyber Safety Programme", so that the Institutions are made aware of the dangers of the internet, and how they should be careful and avoid falling into cyber traps.

Where

Raman Auditorium, Alagappa College of Technology (ACT), Guindy, Chennai

When

30th August, 2019

Guests

Hon'ble Mrs. Justice Prabha Sridevan

Former Judge - High Court of Madras, Former Chairman - Intellectual Property Appellate Tribunal (IPAB).


Hon’ble Mr. Justice K.N. Basha

Former Judge - High Court of Madras, Former Chairman - Intellectual Property Appellate Tribunal (IPAB).


Dr. E. Khalieraaj

Addl. Director – General, National Cyber Safety and Security Standards, New Delhi.


Mr. K. Srinivasan

Regional Officer, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Chennai.

Venue

Raman Auditorium, Alagappa College of Technology (ACT), Anna University, Guindy, Chennai

Contact Us

National Cyber Safety and Security Standards

Address

No. 69, Regal Building, Connaught Place, New Delhi - 110001.

Unit No : 37,III rd Floor,Block 1, SIDCO Electronics Complex, Thiru-Vi-Ka Industrial Estate, Guindy,Chennai - 600032.